Calls for proposals
GACD members issue joint calls for proposals on a regular basis on topics in our strategic focus areas. By funding world-class research, the GACD aims to contribute to the evidence base that helps policymakers make informed decisions on addressing NCDs in areas around the world where the need is greatest. Therefore, the GACD funds implementation science research in low- and middle-income countries and involving vulnerable populations in high-income countries.
- 4th joint call: Mental health
GACD member agencies have funded research projects from around the world. You can find out more about our funded research here.
Other funding opportunities
GACD member agencies also award funding for other areas of chronic disease research as well as for health research in general separately and researchers are invited to apply for these funds directly with the respective funding agencies. Please see below for a list of direct links to our members' websites advertising current funding opportunities.
- Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Canada
- European Commission, EU
- Indian Council of Medical Research, India
- Medical Research Council, United Kingdom
- National Institutes of Health, United States
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia
- Medical Research Council, South Africa
- National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubirán, Mexico - funding available through Conacyt
- Health Systems Research Institute, Thailand
- Argentinian Ministry of Science and Technology, Argentina