All funded GACD projects are selected through a rigorous peer review process.
In some cases this review follows the usual funding agency process, whereas in some cases several of the GACD member agencies organise their review jointly. This has the aim of increasing consistency and maximising efficiency by avoiding duplication of effort and taking advantage of economies of scale.
The GACD is working on aligning its processes further each time a joint call for proposals is launched, recognising that they represent rare opportunities to learn from each other and continuously improve.
Funding decisions are ultimately made by each of the GACD member agencies, and they are the bodies who award and administer all research funds. You can find all of the projects selected in GACD calls on our research programmes page.
Other funding opportunities
GACD member agencies also award funding for other areas of chronic disease research as well as for health research in general separately and researchers are invited to apply for these funds directly with the respective funding agencies. Please see below for a list of direct links to our members’ websites advertising current funding opportunities.
- Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Canada
- European Commission, EU
- Indian Council of Medical Research, India
- Medical Research Council, United Kingdom
- National Institutes of Health, United States
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia
- Medical Research Council, South Africa
- Health Systems Research Institute, Thailand
- Argentinian Ministry of Science and Technology, Argentina
We are happy to answer further questions about funding and funding decisions. Please contact us with your enquiries.