[Desarrollo de una red social interactiva para el control metabolico de los pacientes con diabetes]
Primary research aim
Development of an interactive social network, and use of the internet to try to change behaviors and attitudes of risk in affected Type 2 diabetes community.
Secondary research aims
Get better education level about diabetes in the community, improve care-associated behaviors and self-care.
Research objectives and methodology
- To create a virtual online community, where people with diabetes can meet other people with the same illness, and with relatives and supporters. We will then seek to have sufficient activity data and maintain community interest to meet their long-term goals.
- To use “Gamification” to create an emotive and interactive experience. Participants enter their behaviour changes, and thereby improve their activities in the game.
- To evaluate the results.
- Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
- San Nicolas de Los Garza, Nuevo Leon
- Escobedo, Nuevo Leon
- Apodaca, Nuevo Leon
- Francisco Gonzalez Salazar, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Nuevo León, Mexico
- Alfonso Fernandez, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Nuevo León, Mexico
- Leticia Neira, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leó, Nuevo León, Mexico